Aguadito de Pollo - Peruvian Chicken Soup
Aguadito de pollo is also sometimes called levanta muertos, which translates to English as, to wake the dead. In Peru Aguadito de pollo is associated with getting over hangovers.
It is a traditional chicken and cilantro soup from Peruvian cuisine. Large pieces of chicken, together with vegetables, rice, beans, potatoes and a host of other ingredients are brought together in the preparation of the dish.
Read on ahead and discover for yourself this exotic preparation.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Aguadito de Pollo - Recipe
- 4 pieces chicken leg pieces
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper for seasoning
- 50 ml of vegetable oil
- 1 whole onion fine chopped
- 2 large cloves of garlic, fine crushed
- 3 tablespoon aji amarillo paste
- 2 cups of cilantro leaves with stems discarded
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 1 cup dark beer
- 1 small red bell pepper cut into slices
- 1 cup fresh, fine diced
- 1 cup kernels of corn
- 1/2 cup long grain rice
- 4 medium sized potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup fresh green peas
Procedure of Preparation
- Rub the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Heat the vegetable oil on a medium flame in a sauce pan. Add the chicken pieces and sear them for about 4-5 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oil and keep aside. Make sure that the chicken stays warm.
- In the same oil add the onions and garlic. Saute until they turn a rich shade of golden brown.
- Add the cilantro leaves and aji amarillo paste to a blender. Add about 1/4thcup of water and blend into a smooth consistency. Add to the onions.
- Further stir in chicken stock and dark beer.
- Add the chicken followed by bell pepper, corn and carrots.
- Bring the ingredients to a boil. Cover the utensil and let it simmer for about 30 minutes on a low flame.
- Add rice, potatoes and beans. Cook until the potatoes get tender and the rice cooked. If the consistency of the soup is too thick then add more chicken stock.
- Check for seasoning and serve steaming hot.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe