Ajmeri Kalakand – Delectable Sweet Recipe
Kalakand is a popular sweet in the Indian Sub - Continent. It is prepared from solid milk products, like cottage cheese or khowa, mixed in a sugar syrup. The original preparation of Kalakand finds its origin in Alwar, Rajasthan. The preparation we have for you today, is a slight variation to the original recipe, wherein the solidified milk is fried in clarified butter, into a brown shade. This variation originates in Ajmer in Rajasthan, and is so named. Read ahead for the complete recipe.
Prakrti Products – Online Store
Find us at Amazon India. Don’t forget to leave us a review.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep
Ajmeri Kalakand – Recipe
- 250 grams of sugar free khowa
- 2 tablespoon full of clarified butter
- 100 grams of granulated sugar
- 4 green cardamom pods
- Half cup of Almond and pistachios, thin sliced
Procedure of Preparation
- Heat the clarified butter in a frying pan, over a medium flame.
- Once the clarified butter has melted, add the khowa while breaking it into small pieces.
- Constantly stir to prevent the ingredients from burning. You will want them to get a rich brown color for preparing Ajmeri Kalakand.
- Add the water and sugar in a separate vessel. Heat over a medium flame with constant stirring to prepare the sugar syrup. The sugar should be of single line consistency.
- Add the sugar syrup to the khowa mix, and mix thoroughly.
- Once the desired color and texture is obtained, mix in the chopped nuts.
- Transfer the mix onto a greased plate, and allow it to cool down.
- Cut the Ajmeri Kalakand into shapes of your choice, and garnish with chopped nutes.
Prakrti Blog – Tips and Recipe