Amritsari Fried Fish – Prakrti Blog - Punjabi Cuisine
The province of Punjab expanses over both India and Pakisthan. The culture, language and cuisine of the region. The cuisine draws inspiration from a host of local culinary techniques, which has been prevalent since the time of the Indus Valley Civilization.
Our preparation for today is associated with the city of Amritsar in Punjab. Simple fried fish, instilled with characteristic flavors of the land. Read ahead for the preparation.
Prakrti Products – Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Amritsari Fried Fish – Recipe
- 500 grams of sweet water fish
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 inch knob of ginger
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- A pinch of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- Salt as per your taste
- 1 teaspoon of amchur
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- Clarified butter (ghee) for cooking
Procedure of Preparation
- Make sure the fish is properly clean, and cut on the bone, as per convenience.
- Grind together all the ingredients into a fine paste.
- Generously apply the paste on fish.
- Leave the fish in marinade for atleast an hour.
- Deep fry in clarified butter.
- Serve hot, or refry before serving.
- Serve with an accompaniment of choice.
Prakrti Blog – Tips and Recipe