Apple and Raisin Crepe
A crêpe or crepe is a pastry or pancake, supposed to be very thin, and made from wheat flour. The word crepe, or crêpe used to define this modern day preparation finds its roots in both ancient Greek as well as Latin.
Crepes are mostly associated with French cooking, but again consumed extensively the world over. They may be served with a variety of stuffing from simple to elaborate. We keep it classy, as our choice of stuffing for the particular edition of the publication is apples and raisins. Read on ahead and discover the recipe for yourself.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Browse through our collection of raisins at Prakrti Online Store.
The vanities of raisins available include;
Buy export quality Whole Spices, Robusta Coffee Beans, assorted Green Coffee Beans, choicest GreenTea, Jumbo Cashew Nuts and a collection of Raisins
You can also find us at Amazon India
- 1 whole egg
- 1 cup low fat milk
- Water to determine consistency
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 500 grams of apples cored, peeled and fine sliced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cups of raisins
- 2 teaspoon fine ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
Procedure of Preparation
- For the preparation of the batter, in a medium sized bowl whisk together the eggs, milk and oil. Add a drizzle of water and mix thoroughly.
- Fold in the sugar and all purpose flour. Whisk thoroughly. Cover the mixing bowl and refrigerate the batter for about 60 minutes.
- In a sauce add a drizzle of oil and to it add the sliced apples, raisins, sugar and ground cinnamon. Stir frequently and let the mix cook for about 10 minutes. Make sure that the apples are properly cooked and soft. Keep aside.
- For preparing the crepes use a medium sized shallow frying pan. Use light greasing and dish out 2-3 tablespoon of the batter for each crepe. Spread uniformly.
- Cook each crepe on a medium to low flame, until the top surface starts to appear dry. Flip the crepe to the other side and cook for about another 15 seconds. Keep aside.
- Repeat the procedure for the rest of the batter. Lightly grease the frying pan each time. Stack the crepes on top of each other.
- Fill each crepe with the apple stuffing. Roll up the crepe and heat on a lightly greased frying pan, on low flame for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve immediately.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe