Arabian Grape Juice
The pulpy grape juice is a popular presence at Arabian food joints across the world. The reason perhaps for this recipe to be slotted under the Arabian cuisine.
The berries from the deciduous, flowering, woody vines of the genus Vitis is what we known as grapes. The cultivation and domestication of grapes is first recorded as far back as 4000 BC in the Middle East. Yeast are known to naturally grow on the skin of grapes, which lead to the early discovery of alcoholic beverages. The earliest instance of wine making is found to be in Georgia, some 8000 years ago.
Otherwise grapes are used in the production of jams, jellies, juices, resins, vinegar, grape-seed oil and extract among other products.
In this edition of our publication, we have for you the recipe of pulpy grape juice. Read ahead and discover for yourself the techniques of preparing this exotic juice.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Pulpy Grape Juice Recipe
- 500 grams of black grapes
- 200 grams of granulated sugar
- 4 cups of water
Procedure of Preparation
- Separate the grapes from the bunch and rinse thoroughly.
- Bring to boil to cups of water. Add the grapes to boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes. Once the grapes are cooked they begin to float in the water. Remove the grapes using a slotted spoon and keeps aside.
- Once the grapes have cooled down, extract the skin and pulp from each grape. Lightly squeeze the grape and remove the skin and seeds. Collect the pulp and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Refrigeration will crystallize the natural sugars in grape and enhance its flavor.
- Bring to boil 2 cups of water. Add sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the refrigerated pulp into the sugar solution and let it simmer over a low flame for about 10 minutes.
- Consequently let your preparation cool down and refrigerate.
- Your pulpy grape juice is ready. Serve chilled.
Prakrti Blog Tips and Recipe