Baked Eggs, Ham and Veggies
Ham, veggies and baked eggs, as quintessentially convenient and classic as it gets. It is a popular American combination for a host of preparations including sandwiches, wraps, pasta, pizza and the likes. In this edition of our daily publication, we mix our favorite ham and baked eggs with fresh greens in the form of spinach and broccoli.
Both the fresh, dark green vegetables which we include in our preparation are rich sources of folic acid, which along with vitamin B9 forms the essential folates, a type of B vitamin composites. A deficiency of folic acid causes anemia. It is specially recommended to women during the early stages of pregnancy. Folic acid fortification to food is a measure adopted by many countries to prevent the deficiency of folic acid in new borns. A case of deficiency may lead to a condition known as neural tube defects.
Don’t forget the facts and enjoy the food. Read ahead to know the recipe in complete.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Baked Eggs, Ham and Veggies - Recipe
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion fine diced
- 1 clove of garlic coarsely crushed
- 1 green chilli with seeds removed and fine chopped
- 500 grams of ripe, plump tomato fine chopped
- 100 grams of roasted pepper fine sliced
- 100 grams of fresh and tender spinach
- 150 grams of broccoli
- 200 grams of ham fine shredded
- 2 whole eggs
- Cayenne pepper
- Crusty bread
Procedure for Preparation
- Wash the broccoli, cut and remove stalk. Cook the broccoli in boiling water and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven at 180C.
- Heat the oil over a medium flame on a metallic,baking pan.
- Add the chopped onions and saute for about 5 minutes, until the onions just begin to turn golden brown.
- Add crushed garlic, and chopped chilli. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and saute. Add water and bring it to simmer.
- Add ham and peppers. Cook for 10 minutes until the sauce attains a thick consistency.
- Add the spinach and broccoli. Mix thoroughly.
- Gently crack the eggs into the gravy. Add cayenne pepper.
- Put the baking tray in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with crusty bread.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe