The potato breakfast casserole is a convenient and delicious preparation packed with energy which is sure to keep your appetite satiated through the morning hours.
Potato contrary to popular belief is rich in a number of minerals and vitamins. More so it is gluten free and could be incorporated as a substitute for rice and wheat. In this traditional style casserole, boiled potatoes are together baked with a host of dairy products which provide a good share of healthy proteins,vitamins and minerals. As a combination, potato and dairy is a complete wholesome diet which provide your body with a large number of essential nutrients.
The traditional recipe incorporates only salt and pepper. We however recommend a pinch of turmeric powder. Turmeric is the perfect addition to dairy products and further brings about commercialization of the preparation. Read on about the recipe for potato breakfast casserole.
Prakrti Online Store
Available at Prakrti -
Breakfast Potato Casserole
- 250 grams medium sizedpotatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cupfull milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup freshcream
- 1/4 cup salt freebutter
- 4 garlic cloves sliced
- 2 cups of grated cheddar
- 1/2 teaspoon grounded, whole black peppercorn
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- Grease for baking tray
Procedure for Preparation
- Clean the potatoes and remove the skin, further chop them into inch cubes.
- Boil the potatoes thoroughly until they are uniformly tender.
- Strain the potatoes and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl add all the dairy products, keeping aside one cup of cheddar cheese.
- Blend the dairy mix thoroughly into an uniform mixture.
- Add the potatoes and blend them into a smooth mix.
- Add the sliced garlic, ground black peppercorn and turmeric, mix the spices in.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, grease the baking tray.
- Uniformly spread the mixture on the baking tray.
- Sprinkle on top the rest of the cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes when the cheese has melted and casserole is thoroughly heated.
- Serve warm.