This just might be your ordinary bean soup preparation, except it is not. Black beans are quite super-foods in their own rights, been rich in proteins and dietary fiber. Copper and manganese are the essential minerals which are found in abundance in them. Among other essential nutrients which black beans are boosted with include Thiamine or vitamin B1 and folates.
However it is the guacamole topping which makes this regular bean soup a specialty preparation.
Guacamole is an avocado based dip or spread, traditionally based out of Mexico, and a commercial condiment popular across west. The fearsome Aztecs, who inhabited what is modern day Mexico, are responsible for the invention of this preparation. The rest as we know is stuff of legends. Read ahead for the full recipe.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Bean soup topped with Guacamole - Mexican Cuisine
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 large onion fine chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic diced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 400 grams of plum tomatoes chopped
- 400 grams of black beans soaked overnight
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 medium sized avocado
- 1 tablespoon fine chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 whole lime
- 2 fresh red chillies seeded and fine chopped
Procedure of Preparation
- Boil the soaked beans for about 20 minutes, or until they are tender. Drain the excessive water and keep aside.
- Heat the cooking oil in a deep frying pan.
- Add the onions, leave aside 1 tablespoon for the guacamole. Add bell pepper and toss up the ingredients. Saute the ingredients over a medium flame for the next 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and the dry spices. Mix uniformly.
- Add tomatoes and mix thoroughly. Cook with constant stirring for the next 5 minutes.
- Add the boiled beans. Add 3-4 cups of water. Cover the pan and cook over a medium flame for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cornflour and mix uniformly. Cook for another 5 minutes. Switch off the flame and keep the dish aside.
- Peel the avocado and remove the stone. Add onions, cilantro and lime juice. Add chilli powder.
- Mash the ingredients into a fine paste using a mortar.
- Serve steaming soup topped with guacamole.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe