The benefits of Green Coffee beans are innumerable, but how to consume it. To help you out we have come up with the below methods.
But before we go further please keep in the mind the following points:
- Brewed green coffee has a bitter taste, but this is a small price for the health benefits it offers.
- There are no shortcuts while preparing this coffee as heating is highly recommended to make this drink palatable.
- Green coffee beans are unroasted beans, hence they are very hard to grind. You will require heavy duty grinder for the same.
- 20 gm of Green Coffee Beans
- 2 cups (300 ml) of Hot water
- Honey or sugar - optional
- Grind the green coffee beans in a heavy duty grinder to get a fine or coarse powder depending on your liking.
- Divide the powder into two cups and pour hot water. The water should be hot but not boiling (about 90°C).
- Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes and then strain the mixture with fine sieve to get your drink ready to sip.
- You can add sugar or honey to this if required.
Preparing coffee using whole green coffee beans
We would suggest preparing coffee in large methods when using this method as it is fairly time consuming.
- Soak the beans overnight in water. You may increase the quantity of water in same proportion as the beans.
- Boil the mixture of soaked beans and water on high flame. After one boil, simmer the mixture on low flame for 15 minutes. Give an occasional stir.
- Cool the mixture completely before straining it to remove beans from the mixture.
- You now have a strong and concentrated concoction. You may add filtered or distilled water to dilute the concoction as required.
- You can store the batch in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Add cardamom or other additives to bring more taste to the brew.
To read more about the innumerable health benefits of Green coffee click here.
Check out our Green Coffee Beans.