Candied Sweet Potato
Sweet potato is the root vegetable, which is the starchy, tuberous roots, which is sweet to taste and belongs to the bindweed, or morning glory family of plants.
Sweet potato was first cultivated in a domestic setup in the tropical climes of central and south America, as far back as 5000 and 8000 years BC.
The candied sweet potato is classic American snack, which has been passed down generations, and finds its place on holiday dinner tables.
Read on ahead for the elaborate recipe of this convenient preparation.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Candied Sweet Potato
- 500 grams of sweet potato
- 100 grams of salted butter
- 200 grams of packed brown sugar
- Pinch of Salt
Procedure of Preparation
- Preheat the over to 180 degrees C.
- Wash the sweet potatoes thoroughly, and cook them in a covered vessel of boiling water over a medium flame, for about half an hour.
- The sweet potatoes should be absolutely tender to cut into.
- Drain the excessive water from the sweet potatoes and let them cool down.
- Gently remove the skin from the cooked potatoes and slice them into convenient size.
- Arrange the sweet potato pieces over an appropriate baking dish.
- In a medium sized sauce over a medium flame, melt and butter.
- Add the brown sugar, and mix continuously into an uniform mixture. Add salt.
- Add about1 100ml of water in order to achieve the desired consistency. Cook over a low flame until bubbles begin to appear on the surface of the mix.
- Chuck in the potatoes and toss them up thoroughly. Make sure that the sweet potato slices are uniformly coated with generous amounts of the brown sugar and butter sauce.
- Bake the sweet coated potatoes in the pre-heated oven for about one hour. After 3 every 20 to 30 minutes, take the sweet potaotes out of the oven, and apply a little bit of some additional brown sugar and butter sauce.
- Ready to be served.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe