Carrot and Fresh Turmeric in a Smoothie
Making your favorite smoothie of the day can become something like an addiction at times. With every passing day, you will want to experiment with new ingredients in combination and incorporate different flavors into your preparation. An elaborate spice cabinet will go a long way in helping you decide with a flavor.
The recipe we have for you today could have been your average mixed fruit smoothie, unless we decided to add to them carrots and, yes you got it right; fresh turmeric. Read ahead for the full recipe.
Carrot is a tap-root, orange in color, however yellow, white, red and purple variety of cultivars are also available. Fresh carrots are crunchy when chewed, and have a distinct sweet taste about them. They are rich in the anti-oxidant - beta carotene and are especially abundant in potassium, and vitamin K.
Fresh roots of turmeric are boosted with all the organic ingredients which industrial processing diminishes from them. Turmeric roots have in plenty manganese, potassium and iron, among minerals and vitamins C and B6.
Read on ahead about the recipe for the smoothie.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Buy export quality Whole Spices, Robusta Coffee Beans, assorted Green Coffee Beans, choicest GreenTea, Jumbo Cashew Nuts and a collection of Raisins
You can also find us at Amazon India
Fresh Turmeric and Carrot Smoothie
- 250 grams carrots washed, peeled and diced
- 2 cups drinking water
- Assorted frozen fruit (banana, apple, pineapple)
- 1/2 inch knob of ginger
- 1 inch turmeric root
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
Procedure for Preparation
- Juice the carrots in blender with 2 cups of water. Blend the mix fine so that the carrot juice have a thick consistency.
- Add the rest of the smoothie ingredients including the frozen fruits, ginger, turmeric and milk.
- Make sure that the ingredients are chopped into fine pieces in order to get a fine blend. Make sure to remove skin and core completely from all ingredients while making a smoothie, as it may add an undesired bitterness to your smoothie.
- Blend thoroughly. Check for taste and add ingredients accordingly.
- Serve in a tall glass
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe