Carrots are a domesticated version of a root vegetable popularly orange in color and native to Europe and parts of Asia. Although the tap root,and sometimes the greens are the most popular consumable part of the plant, once it was exclusively cultivated in Persia for its leaves and seeds. The roots are especially rich in alpha and beta carotene and vitamin K and B6.
Read ahead and get the recipe for the carrot and raisin salad. At the first though the recipe may not sound very endearing.Make no mistake of the taste that you are about to serve on a humble plate. The sweetness of the carrot is optimally balanced by the sweet acidic taste of fruits - apples and pineapples, made all the more delectable with the sweet and sour dressing. Forget not the raisins, with their little pockets of taste, that will reveal itself with each treasured bite. The carrot and raisin salad has it in its ingredients to be a particular favorite among kids.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Browse through our collection of raisins at Prakrti Online Store.
The vanities of raisins available include;
Buy export quality Whole Spices, Robusta Coffee Beans, assorted Green Coffee Beans, choicest GreenTea, Jumbo Cashew Nuts and a collection of Raisins
You can also find us at Amazon India
Carrot and Raisin Salad - Healthy Recipe
- 250 grams of fresh carrots, washed, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup - pineapple peeled, cored and fine sliced
- 1/2 cup - apples peeled, cored and fine sliced
- 1/4 cup - mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup - full fat yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon - salt
- 1 tablespoon - organic honey
Procedure for Preparation
- Mix the carrots, raisins, apple and pineapple in a large mixing bowl.
- In a smaller mixing bowl add together the mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar and salt. Whisk until they acquire a smooth consistency.
- Add the mayonnaise and yogurt mix to the carrot, raisin and fruits. Use a spatula to gently mix all the contents together.
- Refrigerate for about 8 hours before serving.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe