Cashew Mayonnaise - Amazing Vegan Recipe
In order to promote our premium quality, jumbo sized cashes, we end up coming up with a number of vegan recipes. Cashew serves a huge part in substituting dairy products We have at a previous occasion presented to dear reader the recipe for cashew cheese. By adding a few simple ingredients, and having a more organized approach towards to your regular homemade cashew paste, you can can slice and grate your DIY cashew cheese.
In this edition we present to you the recipe for cashew mayonnaise. Mayo originally is made from eggs and oil blended into an emulsifying mix. Commercial vegan options however dominate the market. In color, depending on selection of the cooking oil, mayo base as well as added toppings, the color of your mayonnaise will differ in shades of white. In texture, depending on the emulsifying process and additives the mayo will vary from thick cream to almost gel. Read on ahead and get the recipe for your vegan cashew mayo.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Available at our Online Store - Jumbo Size - Export Quality, fresh Cashew Nuts.
Buy export quality Whole Spices, Robusta Coffee Beans, assorted Green Coffee Beans, choicest GreenTea, Jumbo Cashew Nuts and a collection of Raisins
You can also find us at Amazon India
- 1cup of cashews soaked in water from anywhere between 4 hours to overnight.
- 1/2cup of cooking oil. You can choose from a wide selection.
- 1/2cup of drinking water
- 1 tablespoon limejuice
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2teaspoon table salt
- 1/2teaspoon fine ground mustard
- 2 cloves fresh garlicfine ground
- Celery greensor crisp parsley fine chopped (optional)
Procedure for Preparation
- Soak the cashews from anywhere between 4 hours to overnight in water. Drain water. The amount of time the cashew spend soaked in water will determine the richness of your final product.
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender and run until the mix attains a smooth consistency.
- The selection of the cooking oil is paramount to the taste of your vegan mayonnaise.
- Blend for an extended time in order to bring an emulsifying effect between the oil and the mayo base which in this case is cashew. Optimal blending time will give richness to your mayonnaise.
- With the mentioned ingredients, in the said quantity, your mayo will have a white complexion and thick cream consistency.
Top with fine chopped greens.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe