Cazuela - South American Stew Recipe
Cazuela is a common name for a wide range of South American stewed preparation, a specialty of Chile. The dish derives its name from the Spanish word for cooking vessel. The ingredients of the preparation may vary with geography. In most cases the final preparation is a stew of dripping consistency, cooked with in a variety of meat and assorted vegetables.
In this version of out daily publication, we bring for you the recipe for the traditional Chilean preparation. A traditional serving of Chilean Cazuela contains a piece of meat, assorted vegetables and rice immersed in a thick broth.
Read ahead and discover for yourself the recipe of Chilean Cazuela.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Cazuela - Traditional Chilean Preparation
- 500 gram lamb brisket
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 small onion chopped into quarters
- 1 red bell pepper chopped and seeded
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground cumin
- 2 ears of corn, halved
- One stalk of celery coarsely chopped
- 2 medium sized carrot, peeled chopped into 1” thirds
- 2 large potato halved
- 100 grams of rice
- 100 grams pumpkin peeled and chopped
- 8-10 green beans thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Boiling water
Procedure of Preparation
- Cut the meat into steak sized pieces. Heat the oil in a large vessel. Cook the meat in the oil over a high flame for about 2 minutes either side.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the onions. Season with salt and pepper, Toss up the ingredients and cook for the next 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, pumpkin, potato and celery. Add boiling water. Make sure that all the ingredients are covered in water.
- Add corn and rice. Cover the pot and cook over a low flame for about 15 minutes. Make sure that the potatoes are tender, Add green beans. Further cook for another 8 to 10 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning as per taste. Serve steaming hot with equal distribution of meat, vegetables and rice. Garnish with a sprinkling of cilantro.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipes