The Afghan cuisine is centered around its principal crops, ably supplemented by dairy and fresh fruits. Kebabs are a favorite among the Afghans, extensively served at restaurants and street side stalls, often accompanied by an assortment of bread.
Read ahead for the recipe of Chicken Afghani, and fulfill your kebab fix in the comforts of your home.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India. Don’t forget to leave us a review.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep
Chicken Afghani - Recipe
- 1 whole chicken, cut into convenient pieces
- 1 tablespoon of melon seeds
- 200 grams of cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds, soaked in water
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 2 tablespoon clarified butter
- 2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 5 to 5 pods of green cardamom
- Salt as per your taste
Procedure of Preparation
- In a blender, blend together the melon and poppy seeds, fresh ground pepper and green cardamom pods.
- Using a fork prick each piece of chicken a few times. This will allow the marinade to seep into the meat, and also determine the aesthetics of your preparation.
- Prepare the marinade by mixing thoroughly all the mentioned ingredients with the chicken.
- Let the chicken rest in the marinade for 5 to 6 hours.
- Grill until the chicken is golden brown.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe