Chicken and Ham Lasagne
Lasagne is arguably, among the oldest variety of pasta known to mankind. They are flat and broad in shape, known to be consumed in Italy since the middle ages, typically associated with the city of Naples. The name is ascribed to the preparation cooked with layers of lasagne, alternated with certain sauces and other ingredients.
In the following extract, you will find the preparation for chicken and ham lasagne. Read ahead and discover the recipe for yourself.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Chicken and Ham Lasagne - Recipe
- 700 grams of chicken breast pieces without skin and bones
- 1 medium sized onion fine sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 200 mils of white wine
- 100 grams of salted butter
- 100 grams of all-purpose flour
- 500 ml of skimmed milk
- 200 grams of smoked ham sliced into thin strips
- 200 grams of fresh spinach
- 200 grams of mozzarella cheese
- 40 grams parmesan
Procedure for Preparation
- The first step of preparation is optimally poaching the breast pieces. In a medium sized pot add the chicken with the onion, white wine and bay leaves. Pour enough water so that the ingredients are covered. Cover the pot and bring the water to boil. Cook over a medium flame for about 15 minutes. The chicken should be white and tender. Keep the chicken aside. Strain the liquid and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan over a medium flame. Fold in the flour and mix thoroughly to an uniform consistency. Cook the mix for about one minutes with continuous stirring.
- Add the milk slowly to the roux- the butter and flour mix. Keep stirring to maintain the consistency and uniformity of the mix.
- To the mix add the liquid for the poached chicken. Cook under a low flame for another 4 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt and seasoning according to taste.
- Cut the chicken into small cubes and add them into the saucepan.
- Add ham and fresh spinach. Make sure that the spinach is evenly cooked.
- Preheat the over to 180C.
- Divide the cooked ingredients into 3 parts. Transfer with a spoon, a third of the cooked ingredients at the base of a baking tray. Cover on top with the lasagne sheets. Repeat the procedure for 2 more times.
- Top the placed ingredients with parmesan and mozzarella.
- Cook for about half hour until the lasgne is cooked and tender.
- Serve hot.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe