Chicken Club Sandwich
Club sandwich or the Clubhouse sandwich is on the plate, on this day at Prakrti products. We sincerely join in the celebrations on the occasion of World Sandwich day, which happens to be the 3rd of September.
Chicken, bacon, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese and mayonnaise is what makes your regular club sandwich. You may choose to layer your club sandwich, adding unique textures and tastes in each part, securing together with a toothpick or a cocktail stick.
It could be dressed up as a bar snack by cutting into halves or quarters. The head chef at Union Clubhouse of NYC is credited with the invention of the sandwich, although some reference mention a certain gambling clubhouse in NYC itself, which served a version of the recipe.
Whichever be the original source, your club sandwich is a classic American delight, sure to keep you going at it again and again. Read on ahead and get the recipe here.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Chicken Club Sandwich Recipe
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 chicken thigh pieces fine sliced
- 2 rashes of bacon
- Sandwich bread
- 4 lettuce leaves fine diced
- 1 large plum tomato fine sliced
- 4 slices of cheese cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Procedure For Preparation
- Mix together the olive oil, ground black peppercorn and lime juice. Whisk thoroughly.
- Pound the chicken pieces gently yet firmly, so that the meat is not damaged and has a thickness of about 1 cm. Coat the chicken in lime and oil mix and keep in the refrigerator.
- Cook the chicken, each side for about 4 minutes, in a frying pan over medium heat. Keep aside.
- Cook bacon in the frying pan over a medium flame until they turn crispy.
- Toast the bread slices. Generously spread mayonnaise over the toasts. Add on top lettuce, tomato and chicken. Spread on top the rest of the mayonnaise.
- Add on top bacon and cheese. Cover with toasted bread.
- Place each sandwich on the hot pan and press gently from each side with a flat spatula.
- Secure the sandwiches with toothpick , serve with ketchup and chips.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe