Chicken Cordon Bleu - French Cuisine
A Cordon Bleu is a preparation of meat which is wrapped around cheese and cooked. The meat is pounded thin, and wrapped a piece of ham and Swiss cheese, breaded cooked and served.
The term Cordon Bleu translates from French as The Blue Ribbon. Originally the Cordon Bleu was a board blue ribbon which was adorned by the members of the highest order of knighthood established by Henry III of France. Since then the term Cordon Bleu is referred to a food preparation of high craftsmanship.
W have you a grilled version of chicken Cordon Bleu. Read ahead for the full recipe of this exquisite preparation.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Chicken Cordon Bleu - Recipe
- 4 halves of chicken breast, skinless and boneless
- 6 slices of Swiss cheese
- 4 slices of cooked ham
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, mixed with seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Salt as per taste
Procedure of Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Prepare a baking dish non stick cooking spray
- Pound the chicken breast pieces to about 1/4thof an inch of thickness
- Rub the chicken pieces on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Gently place a piece each of cheese and ham on the chicken breast piece.
- Carefully roll up the chicken breast pieces and secure with the help of a toothpick.
- Place the rolled up chicken pieces on the baking dish and evenly spread with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for about half an when, when t he chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove from oven place half slice of cheese on top of the chicken.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the toothpicks and serve hot.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe