Chicken Laksa Soup - Malay Cuisine
This spicy noodle soup called Laksa is a specialty of the Chinese immigrants in South East Asia, including Malaysia, Singapore, parts of Thailand and Indonesia.
The preparation consists of rice vermicelli or glass noodles, with chicken, or sea food which is served in a delectable soup.
Read ahead for the recipe.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Chicken Laksa - Recipe
- 750 milliliters of concentrated chicken stock
- 400 milliliter of coconut milk
- 100 milliliters of coconut cream
- 4 to 5 keffir lime leaves
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 100 gram vermicelli noodles or glass noodles
- 2 chicken breasts, thin sliced
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 100 grams of bean sprouts
- 2 sprigs of cilantro
- One spring of mint leaves
- Lime wedges to serve
For Laksa Paste
- 2 dry red chilli
- 1 small brown onion, fine chopped
- 1 inch ginger knob, washed, peeled, and minced
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, use only the white part, fine chopped
- 50 grams of macadamia nuts
- Sprig of mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon shrimp paste
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel
Procedure of Preparation
- The first step consists of preparing the Laksa paste.
- Soak the dried chilies in boiled water for about 15 minutes, in order to make them soft.
- Drain the water and coarsely chop.
- In blender, add onion, garlic, ginger, macadamia nuts, lemon grass, mint, paprika, shrimp paste, turmeric cumin, coriander, cinnamon and fennel. Blend the ingredients thoroughly.
- In a sauce pan, over a high flame cook the laksa paste, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes until the ingredients expel their aroma.
- Further add chicken stock, coconut cream, coconut milk, keffir lime leaves. Keep one keffir lime leaf aside.
- Bring the ingredients to a boil. Stir in the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes over a medium flame. Make sure that the chicken is completely cooked.
- Stir in sugar and lime juice.
- Soak the noodles in boiled water for about 5 minutes.
- Divide the noodles on the serving bowl. Ladle the chicken mix and top with fine chopped keffir lime leaf.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe