Chicken Pastel - Filipino Recipe
By Pastel, one may typically think of a preparation from a country of Hispanic or Portuguese origin. However in some South East Asian you may come across pastel.
In Philippine, chicken pastel is chicken and veggies in a heavy, creamy sauce. This preparation is sure to prove to be a heavyweight in the main course. You may chose to serve alongside a rice preparation of choice, and savor the subtle flavors of the ingredients.
Read ahead and discover for your own self this preparation that is sure to sure to give your taste buds that South East Asian twist.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Chicken Pastel - Recipe
- 1 kilogram skinless boneless chicken pieces
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon lemon
- 2 table spoon olive oil
- 1 medium sized onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic coarsely crushed
- 1 medium carrot peeled and chopped into cubes
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1 cup fresh mushroom, washed and sliced
- 2 medium sized red bell pepper chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- I can chicken sausage, sliced
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
Procedure of Preparation
- Marinate the chicken with soy sauce and lemon juice. Keep aside for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil over a heavy sauce pan. Add onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is translucent and soft.
- Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes over a medium flame, until the meat turns white.
- Add the chicken stock bring it to a boil. Cook over a medium flame for 20 minutes when the meat is cooked. Keep stirring constantly.
- Add sausages, bell peppers, mushrooms, carrots and potatoes. Mix thoroughly and cover with a lid. Cook for about 15 minutes until the potatoes and carrots are completely cooked.
- Add salt and fresh groung pepper as per taste.
- Serve hot.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe