Chicken Pot Pie with Kale and Mushroom
The chicken, kale and mushroom pot pie will make for a sumptuous family meal. The principal ingredients which combine in the formation of the dish are cubes of chicken from the boneless breast section, fresh mushroom and kale.
Kale is not an indigenous vegetable to the Indian sub-continent and may not be easily available in the market. To come across kale in India, you would have to scour the shelves of the high end super markets in the big cities, who import the commodity from the west. Otherwise spinach is not a completely outrageous substitute, in case you could not get your hands on some fresh kale.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
Chicken, Kale and Mushroom Pie - Continental Recipe
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sized onion fine diced
- Leaves from 3 sprigs of thyme
- 2 cloves of garlic fine diced
- 250 grams of breast piece of chicken chopped into small cubes
- 200 grams of button mushrooms, sliced into halves
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 100 grams of thick fresh cream
- 1 teaspoon of whole grain mustard
- 100 gram kale coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoon cornflour powder
- 250 gram of puff pastry roll slightly bigger than your cooking pot
- Yolk of 1 egg for glazing
- Procedure for Preparation
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil in a cook and serve casserole over a medium flame.
- Add the onions and saute until they soften and turn golden brown.
- Sprinkle over the garlic and thyme. Further cook, with constant stirring for another couple of minutes
- Add chicken. Cook until the chicken is golden brown.
- Add mushrooms. Saute for 4 to 4 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Add to the casserole the chicken stock, fresh creme, whole grain mustard and fresh kale. Add seasoning of choice.
- Add cornflour to the mixture and stir until it acquires a thick consistency.
- Remove the casserole from heat. Cover with the puff pastry making sure that it tightly seals the casserole from all sides.
- Slice the puff pastry from the center and glaze with egg yolk.
- Bake for about half an hour, when the pastry should puff up and turn a fine golden color.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe