Chicken Shashlik - Grilled Chicken
Shashlik is a preparation of skewered and grilled meat which is popular in a number of regions in the Middle East, Baltic, Northern and Central Europe and parts of North Eastern Asia. The word shashlik means skewered meat. It was originally prepared in parts of middle east with lamb, but according to cultural and regional preferences it may be prepared with other meat.
The preparation reached Moscow some time in the late 19th century. By the early 20th century it was a common snack across most of urban Russia. It is a common fast food, particularly cooked in outdoor environments over a barbecue of charcoal and wood.
We present to you the recipe for chicken shashlik. Read on ahead and discover for yourself this simple preparation.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Chicken Shashlik - Recipe
- 500 grams chicken breast, boneless and skinless, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 50 ml white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2-3 assorted bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander seeds
- 3-4 ripe tomatoes
- 2 medium sized onions
- Salt to taste
- Oil brush
Procedure of Preparation
- Prick the chicken cubes with a fork. Marinate it in ginger, garlic, vinegar, fresh ground black pepper, red chilli powder and salt. Keep the chicken in marination, inside a refrigerator overnight.
- Coarsely chop the bell peppers, onions and tomatoes according to the size of the chicken cubes.
- Skewer together a piece of tomato, onion and bell pepper followed by a piece of chicken. Repeat the process until all the ingredients are used up.
- Pour the juices of the marinade over the skewered ingredient and keep over a drip plate.
- Grill for about 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked and browned around the edges.
- Brush one more time with oil and serve over boiled rice.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe