Chicken Tagine - African Recipe
This preparation is known as tagine, which comes from the region of Maghreb in North Africa.
The preparation finds its name from the shallow earthen pot which is used for the preparation of this recipe. It is also prepared in the Arabian peninsula, where it is known by the name of Maraq, which in the language means a broth.
The dish finds its mention in the famous Arabic collection of short stories from the 9th century, One Thousand and One Nights. Before that the recipe was already famous among the Bedouin people in the Arabian peninsula, who added dried fruits in order to impart a unique taste to the preparation.
Even today, the cooking utensil, and cooking procedure in an integral part of the culture of Arabia and Northern Africa. Read ahead for our version of the preparation.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Chicken Tagine - Recipe
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 pieces of chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- 1 large onion, fine chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- 200 grams carrots, chopped in length
- 100 grams pitted olives, halved
- Parsley, roughly chopped
- Wedges of lemon, for serving
Procedure of Preparation
- Heat cooking oil in a broad frying pan.
- Cook the chicken over a high flame, until it acquires a light color.
- Reduce the flame to medium, add onion, ginger. Cook with stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Add about 100 ml of water. Add turmeric, honey, chopped carrots. Season with salt and pepper and stir well.
- Bring the ingredients to a simmer and cook with a lid for about 30 minutes .make sure that the chicken is tender and thoroughly cooked.
- Cook the last 5 minutes over a high flame, in order to reduce the sauce.
- Sprinkle parsley, and halved olives on top. Serve with wedges of lemon.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe