Chicken Tajine - Prakrti Blog - Moroccan Cuisine
This delectable preparation, comes from the Maghreb region in North Africa, and is particularly named after the typical earthen pot in which it is cooked.
Read ahead for this typically elaborate Bedouin preparation.
Prakrti Products - Tips and Recipe
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Chicken Tajine - Recipe
- 4 to 5 large cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon full of fresh ground cumin
- 5 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 5 teaspoon of sweet paprika powder
- Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon full of freshly ground black peppercorn.
- 1 large onion, peeled and coarsely grated
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- About 2 preserved lemons
- 500 grams of chicken thigh pieces, on the bone, and with skin
- 25 teaspoon of saffron powder
- 200 grams of pitted, green olives
- Bunch of fine chopped parsley
- Bunch of fine chopped cilantro
Procedure of Preparation
- In a large mixing bowl, add together ginger and garlic, ground cumin, sweet paprika powder.
- Add salt and ground pepper. Further add half of the grated onion and about 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add to the mix the pulp removed from the reserved lemons.
- Add the chicken pieces. Mix completely and put all the ingredient in a air tight container. Marinate the chicken pieces in a refrigerator overnight.
- Place the ingredients in a casserole for cooking.
- Add stalks of parsley and cilantro. Further add rest of the grated onions, saffron and about 1.5 cups of water.
- Bring the ingredients to a boil over a high heat. Reduce the heat to low-medium, and let the ingredients simmer, under cover for the next 40 minutes.
- Remove the cover and further cook, with occasional stirring for another 10 minutes.
- Make sure that the chicken pieces are tender. Remove the pieces and keep warm.
- Stir the sauce, over a medium flame, in order to reduce.
- Add slices of the peels of preserved lemons, olives, parsley and cilantro.
- Reduce the sauce to a dripping consistency.
- Remove the skin skins, pour sauce on top and serve.
- Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe