Chicken Teriyaki Recipe - Japanese Cuisine
Teriyaki is a form of culinary technique which is intrinsic to Japanese cuisine. The method of preparation includes cooking - grilling or broiling in a glaze principally consisting of soy sauce, mirin and sugar.
The word teriyaki is derived from 2 words in the Japanese language. Teri which means a sheen which is imparted to the preparation with the application of sugar. Yaki refers to the cooking procedure of grilling or broiling.
Mirin is a rice wine, somewhat similar to sake, although lower in alcoholic content. We however use white wine as a substitute. Read ahead and discover for yourself chicken teriyaki.
Prakrti Products - Tips and Recipe
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Chicken Teriyaki Recipe
- 500 grams chicken, skinless and boneless cut into cubes
- 50 ml soy sauce
- Juice from I whole orange
- 2 tablespoon organic honey
- 50ml white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt free butter
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds for garnishing
- 2 tablespoon fine chopped spring onions for garnish
Procedure of Preparation
- In a medium sized mixing bowl mix the ingredients of the marinade. Add soy sauce, orange juice, organic honey, white wine, grated ginger and sesame oil. Whisk thoroughly.
- Cut the chicken into about 1” cubes. Add the chicken to the marinade, cover the bowl with a cling wrap and keep in refrigerator for one hour.
- Heat the olive oil on a frying pan over a medium flame. Remove the chicken from the excess marinade.
- Slowly release the chicken into the pan. Cook with occasional stirring for about 10 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and acquires a rich golden brown color.
- Remove the chicken pieces and keep aside.
- Add the excess marinade liquid to the pan. Add to it salt free butter. Cook over a low flame for about 10 to 15 minutes until the gravy acquires a thick consistency.
- Add chicken and cook in gravy, over a low flame for the next 10 minutes.
- Pour all the contents of the pan on the serving dish. Garnish with white sesame seeds and fine chopped spring onions.
- Serve with accompaniment of choice.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe