Chicken Tostadas - Mexican Cuisine
Tostadas in Spanish means toasted. In parts of Latin America, specially Mexico, tostadas is often referred to any preparation which uses a toasted base.
It is a popular bar snack, and an accompaniment to main course preparations. Corn tortillas are used in the preparation of tostadas. However wheat flour tortillas may also be used.
The toppings used, which includes refried beans, avocado, chopped onions, iceberg lettuce and a tomato based sauce, are commonly used in tacos as well.
In the following extract we have for you the recipe for chicken tostadas. Read ahead and discover for yourself the complete recipe.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Chicken Tostadas - Recipe
- 1 medium sized Spanish onion
- 500 grams plum tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 2 fresh green chillies
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce, fine shredded
- 5-6 large radishes, halved and thin sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 whole grilled chicken, coarsely shred the meat
- Corn tortillas4
- 500 grams of refried beans
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1/2 cup sour cream,
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
Procedure of Preparation
- Fine chope half the onion. Cut the other half into 1 inch wedges.
- Add onion wedges with quartered tomatoes, garlic cloves and whole chillies.
- Add 2 tablespoon oil spread the ingredients in a layer on a baking sheet.
- Grill for about 20 minutes until the ingredients soften and are lightly charred.
- Mix the lettuce, radish, chopped onion and half of the fresh cilantro.
- Add the tomato mix into a blender. Blend into a fine puree. Add salt and mix well.
- Add chicken to the puree and mix well.
- Deep fry the tortillas. Drain the excessive oil and keep aside on a plate.
- Spread a thick layer of refried beans over the tortillas. Top with chicken mix. Place sliced avocado and a dollop of sour cream.
- Add a mound of fresh veggie mix on top. Sprinkle cheese on top.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe