Chicken Wiener Schnitzel
A schnitzel is referred to meat which is thinned using a meat tenderizer. This meat is further fried in oil or fat of some kind after dipped in beaten eggs and covered in flour or bread crumbs. A wiener schnitzel is a pan fried, traditionally veal cutlet, which is previously thin breaded. The preparation is a part of Viennese folklore, and in fact a national dishes of Austria. You may however come across a wiener schnitzel anywhere across Europe.
The recipe, as legends have it, is said to have been brought to Vienna from Italy by a certain field marshall Joseph Radetzky von Radetz, as far back as 1857. the recipe finds its first mention in culinary literature in 1831, in a popular southern German cookbook by Katharina Pato.
We integrate the basic ingredients of this simple recipe, and bring for you a popular chicken version of the preparation. Read ahead for the full recipe.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Chicken Wiener Schnitzel - Recipe
- 500 gram chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 200 grams of breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 whole egg
- Cooking oil
Procedure of Preparation
- Pond the chicken until it has a thickness of about 1/4thof an inch
- Add oil in a deep frying pan. Heat oil over a medium heat until it begins to bubble.
- Beat egg and lemon juice.
- Add parsley flakes to the breadcrumbs.
- Dip the meat in egg, coat in breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry and serve hot with a accompanying sauce of choice.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe