Christmas Lamb Shanks - Burgundy Recipe
We continue with our featured recipes for Christmas. A full course Christmas dinner can never be complete without a sumptuous lamb preparation. We bring today’s preparation all the way from Burgundy France. The region derives its name from the Burgundians, a group of West Germanic people who migrated west of the Rhine river, late into the Roman era.
The climate of the region is principally semi Mediterranean, and supports the growth of the vineyards which the region is famous for. Thus we the delightful Burgundy wine, thanks to which the word Burgundy is also recognized as a rich and luxuriant color.
The cuisine of this region is implements a host of popular ingredients, which among others include a variety of cheese, smoked meat, game, snails, river crabs, poultry and berries. Infected the globally acclaimed dijon mustard is as well a product of the Burgundy region. Yet what dominates the cuisine of the region, as one may observe is the luxuriant wine from the region.
In this edition of our daily publication, we bring for the recipe of slow cooked lamb shanks, simmered in rich broth, optimally flavored with a variety of ingredients, and a generous helping of Burgundy wine. Go on ahead and discover the full cuisine for yourself.
Prakrti Product - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Burgundy Lamb Shanks - Recipe
- 4 pieces lam shanks
- 4 cloves of garlic, delicately minced
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano mix
- 2 teaspoons dry parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon zest of lemon
- 2 medium sized onions fine chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- 1/4 cup lamb stock
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- Salt as per taste
Procedure of Preparation
- Rub the lamb shanks with salt and pepper and keep aside.
- In a large cooking pot heat cooking oil. Saute the carrots, onions and garlic for about 8-10 minutes. Add red wine and lamb stock. Bring the mix to a boil. Sprinkle from top oregano, parsley and zest of lemon.
- Add the lemon shanks. Cover the container and cook over a low flame for up to 6-8 hours.
- Make sure that the meat is tender. Remove the shanks and keep aside.
- Further cook the stock liquid with constant stirring until it is reduced in half to its original volume.
- Serve the lamb with the reduced stock. Choose an accompaniment of choice.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe