Cinnamon and Raisin Pan Cakes
Pancakes as we know them are flat, thin, round, but most importantly irresistible and delicious. They are prepared from a batter which is commonly starch based and may contain among other ingredients, milk and eggs, which are ultimately fried with oil or butter.
The history of pancakes could be traced back to the Greeks, who referred to them as tagenias , where they find mention in the works of revered poets as early as 5th century BC. The Romans were also known to have their own variation of the modern pancakes.
In the below extract read about the cinnamon and raisin pancake. The stack of pancakes with a drink of choice to wash it down is the most delightful sight for a humble breakfast. In this edition of our favorite munchies, we bring in juicy golden raisins, sweet and tangy. Serve with honey, or a sweet sauce of choice like maple or chocolate. Top with a dollop of Greek yogurt.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Browse through our collection of raisins at Prakrti Online Store.
The vanities of raisins available include;
Buy export quality Whole Spices, Robusta Coffee Beans, assorted Green Coffee Beans, choicest GreenTea, Jumbo Cashew Nuts and a collection of Raisins
You can also find us at Amazon India
- 200 grams of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 50 grams of powdered sugar
- 2 heaped tablespoon of salt free butter
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon extract of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon fine ground cinnamon
- 1 cup toned milk
- 1 cup of raisin
- Cooking oil
Procedure for Preparation
- Add the baking powder and powdered sugar to the all purpose four and mix thoroughly by sifting.
- Add the butter, egg, vanilla extract, cinnamon and milk. Whisk the mix thoroughly.
- Fold in the raisins. This would require you to mix the raisin into the batter very gently without damaging their formation.
- Prepare to make the pan cakes in a non stick pan over medium heat
- Grease the pan lightly and pour a measured portion of the batter for each pancake. Flip when bubbles start to appear and the pancakes are golden brown in color.
- Serve with honey or chocolate or maple syrup.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe