Classic Creamy Coleslaw Salad
The word coleslaw is derived by anglicisation of the Dutch word koolsia, which means cabbage salad.
A cabbage salad in the truest sense, it is a simple preparation of shredded salad topped with a dressing, which is either a vinaigrette, or mayonnaise.
It is a relatively new preparation from the 18th century, as the invention of mayonnaise was sometime in the same time. Since the invention of the preparation, cabbage has been the only constant ingredient. From time to time various dressings, and different ingredients have been used.
Read on ahead about this simple, yet exiting preparation and serve it as a side dish in a continental spread.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Classic Creamy Cole Slaw Salad - Recipe
- 1 head of fresh green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 fresh large carrots, finely shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 stalk of celery salt
- 2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Salt as per taste
Procedure of Preparation
- Add the shredded cabbage and carrots in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the sour cream and mayonnaise with sugar, grated onions, sugar, vinegar, celery salt, mustard and fresh ground pepper.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Add the dressing with the cabbage and carrots.
- Mix well and serve.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe