Classic Deviled Eggs
Our preparation for today is deviled eggs, may also be called stuffed eggs or Russian eggs. The basic principle of this preparation is that the eggs are hard boiled, shelled, halved and served with a stuffing which is made from the yolks of the eggs and other ingredients. The term deviled eggs is predominantly has an American origin. However in some parts of US, the preparation may also be referred to as salad eggs, dressed eggs or simply stuffed eggs.
Classic mustard, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. These are the main ingredients which brings in the taste of America. Read on ahead and experience this bit of vintage Americana.
Deviled was used in culinary terminology sometime in the 18th century for hot and spicy eggs, served with a stuffing in the yolk cavity.
Prakrti Products Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Classic Deviled Eggs
Ingredients Required8 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard
- 2 cubes of processed cheese, grated
- Fresh ground pepper
- Salt to taste
- Spring onions fine chopped for garnish
- Piping bag
Procedure for Preparation
- Place the eggs in sauce pan and add water so that there is minimum 2 inches of water above the eggs.
- Bring the water to boil over a high flame. Once the water starts to boil turn the heat to medium and cook for another 10 minutes. This will ensutre that your eggs are hard boiled.
- Immediately immerse the eggs in cold water, once you remove them from heat. This will help in easily removing the shells from the eggs.
- Crack the shells and completely remove them, gently using a very sharp knife, or a piece of twine cut the eggs into half.
- Remove the hard boiled yolk and keep aside in a bowl. Gently mash the egg yolks.
- Add to mashed yolks the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard and grated cheese cubes.
- Wish thoroughly until the mix attains an uniform consistency.
- Add salt and pepper and mix again.
- Transfer the mixed ingredients into a piping bag. Gently pipe the mix into the halved egg whites.
- Garnish with chopped greens. Your deviled eggs is ready to serve.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe