A classic hamburger is a meat patty prepared commonly from ground beef which is place inside halved buns along with other accompaniments.
Hamburgers are at the very helm of popular culture, available the world over in a variety of regional variants. The term Hamburger is however derived from Hamburg in Germany.
There are many claims to the origin of Hamburger and the ambiguity still remains. Read ahead for the recipe for this convenient fast food.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Classic Hamburger - Recipe
- 500 grams grounded lean beef
- 1 whole egg
- 1 large onion fine chopped
- 50 grams bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcester sauce
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and fine chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fine ground pepper
- Hamburger buns split in halves
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 4 crisp leaves of iceberg lettuce
- 1 plump, ripe tomato thin sliced
- 1 whole red onion thin sliced
Procedure of Preparation
- In a large mixing bowl add the ground beef, beaten egg, fine chopped onions, bread crumbs. Mix well.
- Further add salt and fresh ground pepper. Mix well and divide in 4 parts. Make a patty of about 4 inch width from each portion.
- Cook burger in a grill - coal, gas or electric. Generously brush each patty with cooking oil. Turn over the patty and make sure that each side is grilled into a rich brown. The patties should not be green in the insides.
- Cut the buns into halves side down. Slightly toast the buns in the grill.
- Spread mayonnaise and ketchup on the buns. Delicately spread iceberg lettuce, sliced tomato and onions on the bottoms of the bun. Add salt and fresh ground pepper as per taste.
- Place the grilled patty. Place the bun tops.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe