Cream of Mushroom Soup
The cream of mushroom soup is among the simplest soup preparation to grace a recipe book. The basic manner of preparation involves a staple roux - a mixture prepared by heating flour in animal or vegetable fat. The roux is further thinned using fresh cream or milk and flavored using mushrooms, used either as whole or in the form of a broth.
The cream of mushroom soup is commercially available in America and Canada as condensed or canned variants. It is a basic ingredient used in a variety of casseroles and similar preparations loaded with calories.
Similar roux based soups have been popular in French and Italian cuisines. The Cambell soup company, immortalized by the Cambell Soup Company, introduced the cream of mushroom soup in the year 1934.
In the following extract, we present to you a DIY version of this popular preparation. Read ahead and discover for yourself the recipe for cream of mushroom soup.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Cream of Mushroom Soup - Recipe
- 250 grams of fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion fine chopped
- 2 large cloves of garlic fine sliced
- 2 tablespoon heaped salt free butter
- 3 tablespoon of all purpose flour
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1 cup fresh cream or unsweetened condensed milk
- Salt according to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fine ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fine ground nutmeg
Procedure of Preparation
- Wash the mushrooms and chop into thin slices.
- Melt the butter in a shallow frying pan over a medium heat, and chuck in the onions, garlic and mushrooms. Saute until the onions turn golden brown.
- Fold in 2 tablespoon flour and mix thoroughly.
- Add the chicken stock. Stir frequently until the mix assumes a thick consistency.
- Add the fresh cream and rest of the flour. Stir constantly.
- Let the soup simmer for about 5 minutes. Stir constantly and check for the desired consistency.
- Serve steaming hot sauce.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe