Crêpes Suzette - French Cuisine
A crêpes suzette is a French preparation, consisting of a crêpe along with beurre Suzette. A beurre Suzette is a sweet sauce prepared from caramelized sugar and butter, mixed with juice of orange or tangerine and zest. Grand Mariner, an orange flavored liquer from France and cognac may be added on top, the preparation served as a performance flambé.
Read ahead for the full procedure of preparation and the ingredients required for it.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Crêpes Suzette - Recipe
- 2 large, whole eggs
- 150 grams all purpose flour
- 50 ml milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoon salt free butter, melted
For Orange Sauce
- 6-8 tablespoon of salt free, softened butter
- About 50 grams of sugar, and some extra for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon of orange zest
- About 60 ml of fresh orange juice
- 50ml of Grand Mariner
- 2 tablespoon Cognac
Procedure of Preparation
- In a medium sized bowl add the eggs, flour, milk, salt and sugar. Whisk into a smooth consistency. Stir in water, oil and melted butter.
- Heat a non stick frying pan. Grease the frying pan with little butter.
- Add 2 tablespoon of the batter, and tilt the frying pan in all directions to spread the crêp
- Cook over a medium flame for about a minute until the edges turn brown and curl. Flip the crêpeand further cook for another 2 minutes.
- Gently place the crêpe onto a baking sheet. Cook the rest of the crêpe. Add butter to the frying pan occasionally when needed.
- In a small food processor blend together butter, sugar and orange zest. Blend at a slow speed and slowly add the orange juice. Make sure that all the ingredients are uniformly integrated.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of orange butter in each crêpe. Fold the crêpeand prepare them over a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle on top with sugar.
- Broil the crepes for about 2 to 3 minutes, until the sugar on top begin to caramelize.
- Transfer the crêpesonto a heat proof plate.
- In a saucepan heat together the Grand Marnier and cognac. Ignite the mix with long match stick, and pour the flaming mixture over the crêpes.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe