Dried Figs, Greens and Nuts Salad
It is a whole new level of food love for us at Prakrti blog. In this installment of our daily publication we bring to you preparation that is as joyously unrestrained as you can get. Get the ingredients together, toss em’ up and eat fresh. It is a surefire nutritional boost to your health regime.
Figs, greens and nuts. The common fig is a fruit which is obtained from a flowering plant in the mulberry family. The plant traces its origin in the Middle East and Western Asia. The plant has been a highly desirable commodity all over the world for eons, both for the delicious fruit as well as for aesthetic reasons. In fact this fruit bearing plant is said to be among the first plant which was cultivated by mankind. They are a rich source of healthy sugars to go with a host of minerals and vitamins.
The preparation also salad greens and nuts. Greens bring to plate, among other nutrients folates, which is an elementary compound which treats anemia and helps in the development of fetus. Omega 3 fatty acid is the essential substance, among various others contained in nuts, which facilitates the normal functioning of the brain and prevents the contraction of a host of heart diseases.
Some of the ingredients used such as endive and salad rocket may not be easily available in Indian markets. You may have to scour the shelves of high end supermarkets to find. However they will every bit worth your time and money, in regard to taste and nutrition. Read on ahead and get the recipe right.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
Dried Figs,Greens and nuts Salad
- 2 heads each of red lettuce and green lettuce.
- 4-6 spring onions fine chopped
- 1 stalk of salad rocket without the stems
- 1 stalk of endive greens
- 5-6 dried figs fine diced
- 6-8 whole walnuts coarsely chopped
- 5 cup whole almonds coarsely chopped
- 8-10 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- Juice of 1 whole lemon
- 5 teaspoon of zest of lemon
- Salt, pepper and seasoning of choice
Procedure of Preparation
- Chop the greens, including the lettuces, endive and salad rocket into large portions.
- Fine chop the spring onions and mix together with the greens in a large bowl.
- Add the coarsely chopped walnuts and almonds.
- Add the salad dressing and mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Toss around the contents a few times. Check for balance in taste between and serve fresh.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe