Eggplant Roll with Ricotta and Spinach
Rolled eggplant, with spinach and ricotta stuffing is sure to win over your guest. It is a grilled preparation, delicately spiced with nutmeg and loaded with a lot of cheese. For the stuffing we use ricotta cheese while the gravy consists of the old faithful combination of Parmesan and pureed tomato.
Ricotta is an Italian why cheese and literally translates to English as recooked. This soft textured cheese is produced from the leftovers in the cheese production process. In case you are unable to get your hands on some ricotta cheese, then you may substitute it in the recipe with cream cheese.
Read on ahead for the complete recipe for this extremely convenient preparation which is sure to be a head turner on your Christmas table. We at Prakrti Products wish all our readers and customers a very joyous Christmas.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Eggplant Roll with Cheese and Spinach
- 2 eggplants, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 500 grams fresh spinach
- 250 grams ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 250 grams pureed tomato
- 4 tablespoon breadcrumb
- 4 tbsp fresh breadcrumb
- 4 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
Procedure of Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Oil brush the eggplant slices on both sides. Place them on a large baking tray and bake for about 20 minutes or until they are thoroughly cooked.
- In the meantime blanch the spinach in boiling water for about 4 minutes or until the spinach leaves have wilted.
- Drain the excess water. Mix in the ricotta. Add grated nutmeg and seasoning. Mix in all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Roll in a dollop of the mix inside each slice of eggplant. Gently roll up the egg plant slices and keep them in the baking dish with the seam side down.
- Pour over the pureed tomato and Parmesan cheese. Top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Your preparation should attain a golden brown hue. Serve streaming hot.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe