Ingredients to grind
- Green Chilis – 20 nos big size
- Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – ¼ teaspoon
- Garlic – 6 cloves
- Tamarind – small piece marble size
- Turmeric – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon to taste
- Vinegar – 1 tablespoon to taste
Grind all the above ingredients till a paste. It should be dark green in color.
- You can use any fish of your choice mackerel, king fish , lady fish, etc
- Clean the fish and cut the fish as per preference and apply a bit of turmeric and leave aside.
- Apply the ground masala to the fish liberally and leave to marinate for half and hour.
- Coat the fish in Semolina/Rava just before frying.
- Take a pan and pour oil till it covers the pan evenly about 1 cm deep. Heat the oil.
- When the oil is hot and sizzles loudly when a drop of water is added, add the fish pieces one at a time gently laying it down in the hot oil.
- Fry till the semolina/rava is golden brown-green on both sides (this also depends on the thickness of the fish cut)
- Ensure the flame is not too high during this process.
- Serve with lemon wedges and onions to enhance the flavor.
Please do comment your thoughts and share this recipe if you like it. This recipe is a specialty of my home and we hope you enjoy it as much as we do!