French Onion Soup - Prakrti Blog
A French onion soup, is traditionally based out of a meat stock and onions. The preparation is served with a crust of croutons, and an assortment of cheese.
The swinging 60’s in America saw an increase on popularity of French popularity. The French onion soup could be said to be at the very helm of this food revolution.
The origin of the onion soup could be traced as far back as the Romans. Throughout the course of history, onions were easy to cultivate, hence grown in plenty. However the modern version of the dish is noted to have originated in Paris, France during the beginning of 18th century. Read ahead for our preparation.
Prakrti Products - Tips and Recipe
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
French Onion Soup - Tips and Recipe
- 100 grams of salt free butter
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 large onions, fine sliced
- 2 cups of meat broth
- 2 tablespoons of dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon if thyme, sun-dried
- Seasoning as per taste ( salt and pepper powder)
- French bread
- Sliced cheese (provolone and swiss)
- 50 grams of Parmesan, grated.
Procedure of Preparation
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a pot over a medium to high flame.
- Cook the onions, stir constantly until they are tender, before they begin to caramelize.
- Add meat stock. Stir in dry sherry, if you so choose and thyme leaves.
- Season and simmer the preparation over a low to medium flame.
- Add ladle full of soup into oven proof bowls.
- Add a slice of bread on each bowl, top with a slice of provolone cheese, half a slice of swiss cheese and grated Parmesan.
- Cook in preheated oven in broiler mode until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe