Gazpacho - Spanish Cuisine
Gazpacho is cold soup recipe prepared from raw vegetables, blended and served in a tomato base. The preparation finds its origin in Andalusia in southern part of Spain. This refreshing dish served cold is very popular during the sweltering summers, extensively consumed Spain and Portugal and parts of Mediterranean Europe.
The Romans are believed to have brought the preparation to Spain and Portugal, where it was served with the addition of vinegar. The recipe evolved as a part of the cuisine of Andalusia with the addition of stale bread, garlic, olive oil and vinegar.
Read on ahead and discover for yourself the complete recipe of the version we have for you.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Gazpacho - Cold Soup Recipe
- 1 kilogram plump and ripe tomatoes.
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup peeled and chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice from 1 whole lemon
- 2 tablespoon brown vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Worchershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black peppercorn
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro
Procedure for Preparation
- Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water for 1 minute. Allow to cool down naturally, or use ice bath. Peel the blanched, cooled tomatoes and crush them into a coarse pulp. Add tomato puree and mix well.
- Add the tomato pulp mix into a large mixing bowl. Add to it the chopped cucumber, onions, bell pepper, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce and red vinegar.
- Season with salt, fresh ground pepper and toasted cumin. Mix well.
- Transfer convenient amount of the mix into a blender and blend into a coarse mix. Do not fine blend.
- Refrigerate the blend for at least 2 hours. For best result refrigerate overnight.
- Serve chilled with fresh baked bread.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe