Gongura Mamsam – Andhra Style Mutton Curry
We bring for your culinary pleasures, a preparation from Andhra cuisine, which includes some of the hottest preparations known to mankind. Our preparation for today is a Gongura Mamsam. A typical, richly flavored, Andhra style preparation of mutton, delicately seasoned with gongura.
Gongura is fresh leaf seasoning, slightly sour to taste and extremely popular in the cuisine of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
Read ahead for the complete recipe.
Prakrti Products –Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Gongura Mamsam – Recipe
- 250 grams of mutton cut pieces
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Salt as per your taste
- 5 tablespoon of ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 4 to 5 whole cloves
- 3 pods of green cardamom
- 5 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 medium sized onion, fine chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger and garlic paste
- 150 grams of gongura leaves
- 1 tablespoon of red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground coriander
- 5 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Sprig of curry leaves
- 5-6 slit green chilies
- Sprig of cilantro, fine chopped
Procedure of Preparation
- Cook the meat in boiling water, sprinkled with salt, turmeric powder and ginger and garlic paste. Keep the cooked meat aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add whole cloves, green cardamom, whole cumin and onions.
- Sauté until the onions are cooked and tender.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste, followed by gongura leaves, red chili powder turmeric powder, ground coriander seeds, curry leaves, green chilies, cilantro leaves.
- Add the boiled meat, water and salt as per your taste.
- Mix well and cook for the next 5 minutes.
- Top with clarified butter, fried curry leaves and fried red chilies.
Prakrti Blog – Tips and Recipe