Herbed Yorkshire Pudding
Yorkshire pudding is a traditional English preparation. It is a versatile dish that could be served with a number of accompaniments. From grilled meat to onion gravy, to jam and sugar, it perfectly blends in anywhere on the dinner table. The preparation was an ingenious invention at a time when wheat flour had become a popular ingredient for baking, when chefs wanted to put into good use the excessive oil drippings from roasted meat. As legends go, it was the result of some mean hospitality, that traditionally the Yorkshire pudding was served in the first course along with the heavy meat drippings, which would curb the appetite, and the guest would less of the expensive meat.
We however present to you a basic version of this simple preparation. In case you did not save up on the pan drippings, then you may use a splash of virgin olive oil. Read ahead and discover the preparation for yourself.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 cup full fat milk
- 200 gram all purpose milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon fine chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fine chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons fine chopped sage
- 2 tablespoons fine chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon fine chopped rosemary
- 6 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, or any excessive oil drippings
Procedure of Preparation
- Whisk 3 eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly stir in the milk. Sift in the flour and salt into the egg mix. Whisk into a smooth consistency.
- Add all the herbs and mix thoroughly. Let the batter stand at room temperature for at least half an hour. Whisk the batter for one more time before baking.
- Preheat the oven at 200C.
- Preheat about 14 muffin cups for about 10 minutes. Gently pour about 1 teaspoon of olive oil into the muffin cups. Preheat for another 5 minutes until the oil is very hot.
- Add about 2 tablespoon full of batter into the muffin cups. Bake until the pudding are puffed up and turned into a rich golden shade.
- Serve warm.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe