Call it an autumn craving or an essential requirement during winters or just another fancy indulgence. A steaming cup of hot chocolate has carved a special niche in many hearts. This classic body warmer is prepared from sweetened milk and cocoa powder generously topped with whipped cream.
We have for you in this extract a candid variation to the world famous hot chocolate. Ginger has a distinctly spicy, aroma infused taste, and is an excellent addition as a standalone flavor. Moreover it adds extra warmth to your already steaming cup of hot chocolate. Read ahead about the recipe for hot ginger and chocolate milk.
Spiced Hot Chocolate Milk
- Whole milk - 2 cups
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Organic Sweetener as per taste. (Common examples are unprocessed sugar, organic honey or agave)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Sea Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- Whipped cream for topping
- Ginger candy for rubbing on the walls of the glass
Prakrti Online Store
Available at Prakrti Online Store -
Procedure for Preparation
- Mix 2 cups of milk with 1/4thcup of water in a medium pot and put it to boil.
- Once the milk comes to a boil then reduce the flame and let the pot simmer over it for some time.
- Keep stirring continuously as you add the ingredients.
- Add to the boiling milk cocoa powder, ginger, sweetener and sea salt.
- Stir the contents of the pot thoroughly until it acquires an uniform consistency.
- Once the temperature of the milk is appropriate to your liking then remove the pot from the fire.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix slightly.
- Rub the ginger candies on the walls and along the rim of the serving glass. You may not want to add the ginger candies to your drink as they become a mushy mess on getting wet.
- Slowly pour the hot chocolate into the glass.
- You may choose to top the drink up with whipped cream.