Irish Stew – Prakrti Blog
Traditionally speaking, Irish stew is made with meat and an assortment of root vegetables. As is the case with folk dishes, the exact recipe varies with culture and geography. We try to bring for you a popular and convenient assemblage of ingredients for this simple, yet delectable preparation. Read ahead for the entire recipe.
Prakrti Products – Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Irish Stew – Recipe
- 4 middle neck sections of lamb, with bone removed and cut into fillets
- 500 grams if floury potatoes
- 500 grams of waxy potatoes
- 1 kilogram of carrots
- 2 large onions
- 12 teaspoon of fresh chopped thyme
- Fresh chopped chives and parsley (optional for garnishing)
Ingredients for Stock
- Bones from lamb
- 1 large carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion coarsely chopped
- Half of a celery stalt, coarsely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Sprig of fresh thyme leaves
- Sprig of parsley
- 6 to 8 whole black peppercorns, coarsely crushed
Procedure of Preparation
- The first step involves the preparation of the stock. Add the ingredients to a large pot with about 3 liters of water. Bring the ingredients to a boil and let simmer for about 2 hours.
- Pass the stock through a sieve, in order to separate the solid content. Further boil the liquid over a medium flame, and reduce to about 1200 ml.
- The step involves preparation of the stew. Chop the lamb into convenient, large pieces.
- Peel the potatoes and chop into conveniently large pieces. Keep the two types of potatoes immersed in separate bowls of water.
- Slice rings from the onion.
- Chop the carrots into medium sized pieces.
- In a large sauce sauce pan add the lamb chunks with the stock. Bring to a boil and skim off the top surface.
Let simmer for about 10 minutes.
Add carrots and onions followed by floury potatoes. Stir while the ingredients simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add waxy potatoes, followed by thyme. Simmer the ingredients until the meat is tender. Switch off the heat and let the ingredients sit for about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with herbs and serve hot.
Prakrti Blog – Tips and Recipe