Italian Style Vegetable and Bean Soup
One of the most beautiful aspect of the winters in India is the abundance of fresh vegetables in the market. While in the west winter would mean stocking up on your supplies and living on limited resources, in India it actually becomes a problem of plenty. The vegetables in the market are fresh from the farms and sold at throw away prices.
The gifts of nature are best savored in season. So even as the autumn sets in, and you get the first taste of the vegetables of the season ahead, we bring to your kitchen a rustic preparation from Italy.
This Italian style vegetable and bean soup will bring in the taste of rural Italy into your kitchen. This wholesome meal is sure to warm your hearts and appetite on the coldest of winter nights.
Each bowl of the preparation is enriched with minerals,vitamins and anti-oxidants. The ingredients used are low on carbohydrates and rich in dietary fibers. Read on ahead and get your broth brewing.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion fine chopped
- 2 medium sized carrots thin sliced
- 1 whole stalk of celery fine chopped
- 2 large cloves of garlic fine chopped
- 2 cups of tomatoes fine chopped
- 1 cup white kidney beans or butter beans
- Dried basil leaves
- Dried oregano
- Fresh ground pepper
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves fine chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
Procedure of Preparation
- On a hot frying pan add the onions, carrots, garlic and celery. Add olive oil from top and saute the veggies for on a high to medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Add the beans and tomatoes and toss them up with the vegetables.
- Add he basil, oregano, salt and ground black peppercorn.
- Add vegetable stock and cook on a low flame for about 50 minutes.
- Increase the heat and add spinach. Cook for another 5 minutes and your soup is ready to be served.
- Serve the soup in bowls. Top each bowl with grated Parmesan cheese.