Jaeger Schnitzel and Mushroom Sauce
A schnitzel is commonly referred to a piece of pounded meat, coated in a batter, covered in bread crumbs and deep fried. The preparation traces its origin in Austria, and is popular across Europe. We serve the cutlet with a savoury mushroom sauce. Read ahead for the complete preparation.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India. Don’t forget to leave us a review.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep
Jaeger Schnitzel - Recipe
- 1 tablespoon of salt free butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 250 grams of mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1/2 cup of fresh cream divided
- 2 tablespoon of all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley
- Salt as per taste
- Fresh ground pepper
- 450 grounds of roast cur pork meat
- 3 tablespoon all purpose flour
- Fresh ground pepper
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons of salt free butter
Procedure for Preparation
- Melt the butter over a medium heat on a skillet.
- Add the onions and cook until they are tender.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for over 5 minutes, until the mushrooms caramelize.
- Stir in vegetable stock, followed by white wine.
- Pour in the cream, mix and well, and bring all the ingredients to a simmer.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together 2 tablespoon of cream and flour.
- Add the flour and cream mix to the mushrooms. Mix properly I order to avoid formation of any lumps.
- Add parsley and seasoning. Keep warm.
- Cover the roast pieces of pork with cling wrap.
- With the use of a mallet, pound them into an uniform thickness of about 5 to 6 mm
- In a mixing bowl mix in the flour, cayenne pepper and salt - pepper.
- Melt the butter over a medium heat in a frying pan.
- Dip the cutlet pieces in the batter. Make sure that there is only a light coating of batter on the cutlets.
- Cook thoroughly and serve with sauce.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe