Kringler Recipe - Prakrti Blog - Scandinavian Cuisine
Krigler could be said to be a product of the Nordic bread culture, which on its humble parts, is said to have existed since pre-historic times. It could be said to be a Scandinavian version of pretzel, which were introduced first in Denmark, by Roman catholic monks, as far back as the 13th century.
All the history aside, read ahead for the recipe.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
- 200 grams of all purpose
- 100 grams of chilled butter
- 2 tablespoons of chilled water
Ingredients for Topping
- 200 ml of water
- 100 grams of butter
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 5 teaspoon of extract of almond
Ingredients for Frosting
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 5 extract of almond
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- Sliced almonds (optional)
Procedure of Preparation
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe
- Add 200 grams of flour into the mixing bowl.
- Add about 50 grams of butter, and blend thoroughly using a food processor.
- Add a drizzle of water, whenever required. Ensre that the flour and butter mix is formed into a soft dough.
- Form the dough into two thin, flat strips, on a grease free baking sheet.
- In a medium sized saucepan, bring to a boil water and 100 grams of butter.
- Switch off the flame, and stir 200 grams of flour. Stir into a smooth mix.
- Add eggs, one by one. Assure the smooth consistency of the mix.
- Whisk in the almond extract.
- Add spoonful of the mix over the flat pressed dough.
- Bake for upto an hour.
- Mix together, sugar powder, milk, butter and extract of almond.
- Add frosting on top, followed by nuts.
- Slice and serve