Lomo Saltado Recipe -Peruvian Food
Lomo saltado is a Peruvian stir fried preparation. This popular preparation traditionally combines meat stakes, sometimes cut into thin strips, cooked along with onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, french fries and other assorted ingredients.
The preparation, as per common customs is served with steamed rice. The recipe, although now an intrinsic part of popular culture, finds its origin in in the chifa tradition, or the Chinese cuisine of Peru.
Read ahead for the complete recipe. For the chefs out there, it is sure to get your heart racing.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India. Don’t forget to leave us a review.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Lomo Saltado Recipe
- 500 grams frozen french fries
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- 500 grams tri-tip steak cut into 1/4 inch strip
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 large onions sliced
- 3 large tomatoes peeled and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 50ml white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Procedure of Preparation
- Cook the french fries according to the instruction by the manufacturing.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium flame.
- Season the meat slices with salt and ground pepper.
- Fry the meat until it gets just cooked and the juices are releases.
- Add onions and cook until they are tender and translucent.
- Add tomato and yellow bell pepper. Cook until they are tender.
- Add soy sauce and vinegar. Mix in completely.
- Add the French fries. Cover and cook until the meat is completely cooked.
- Check the taste and season accordingly.
- Top with freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve on top of steamed rice.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe