Lasagna is among the oldest known pasta known to mankind. This flat, broad pasta is usually prepared in layers, alternated with cheese, sauces and other ingredients.
Mexican cuisine dates back to 7000 BC, with the domestication of maize. It is a complex cuisine, with procedures and techniques developed over the years. The preparation for today includes typically Mexican ingredients like refried beans, tacos, salsa and a host of chilies among others.
Read ahead for the complete recipe.
Prakrti Products – Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Mexican Lasagna – Recipe
- 1 kilogram ground meat
- 500 grams of refried beans
- Taco seasoning
- 100 grams of fresh green chilies chopped
- 2 tablespoons of hot salsa sauce
- 400 grams lasagna noodles
- 4 cups of grated cheese
- 500 grams of mild salsa
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups of sour cream
- 75 grams of sliced olives
- 3 shallots, fine chopped
- 1 plum, ripe tomato, chopped
Procedure of Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cook the meat over a medium flame until it is uniformly cooked. Mix in the refried beans, chilies, hot salsa and taco seasoning .
- Grease a baking tray. Place a third portion of the meat and noodles ,top it with grated cheese. Repeat the procedure two times over.
- In a separate bowl, mix in the mild salsa sauce along with water. Top the lasagna with the salsa sauce mix.
- Cover the ingredients and bake for about an hour, until all the ingredients are completely cooked.
- Add on top, sour cream, onions, olive, tomatoes and the rest of cheese.
- Bake without cover for 5 more minutes. Let the preparation rest for about 20 minutes, before you could go ahead to cut.
Prakrti Blog – Tips and Recipe