Mildly Spiced Potato Pancakes
The thing with anything potato, it is bound to be a convenient preparation. Moreover the starchy taste of the tuberous roots leaves room for a lot of experimentation in respect of taste. You could choose to go for a mean spicy mix, or you could keep your pancakes simple yet lip-smacking. The convenience of the recipe is not just in its preparation, but extends onto the accompaniments which could served along with it. The potato pancakes, depending on its spicy quotient could be served with a variety of sauces and salads.
Our version of the pancakes are mildly spiced with a hint of black peppercorn and nutmeg. High in nutrition and an optimal balance of the hot and sweet flavors, these crispy deep fried pancakes may be served alongside a sovoury dish of choice.
After rice, wheat and maze, potatoes are the 4th most consumed crop in the world and one of the most underrated and misunderstood when it comes to nutritional values. It is not all unwanted carbohydrates when it comes to the goodness in potatoes. Otherwise among minerals, potatoes contain potassium, calcium, magnesium and iron. The vitamins contained in potatoes include Vitamins A,C,D,B6,B12.
Read on ahead for the recipe of these crispy, mildly spiced potato pancakes.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Crispy Potato Pancakes - Mildly Spiced
- 250 grams of potato
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black peppercorn
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cooking oil for deep frying
Procedure of Preparation
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly and peel each one of them neatly.
- Grate the peeled potatoes into a mushy mass.
- Add to the grated potatoes the rest of the ingredients, which will include the gram flour, corn flour and spices - ground black peppercorn and ground nutmeg.
- Mix thoroughly. Add little water if required in order to maintain mushy consistency of the batter.
- In a shallow frying pan heat enough cooking oil over a high flame in order to deep fry the pancakes.
- Take large dollops of the batter and put it out on the pan for frying.
- Adjust the pancakes to a round and flat shape with the help of a spoon.
- Fry each side of the pancake until they are a rich golden brown.
- Drain the excessive oil and serve alongside a side dish of choice.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe