Oatmeal and Raisin Cookies
Oatmeal is the hulled and processed oat grain. It is what you call a powerhouse of nutrition. Rich in dietary fiber and lean, vegan protein, to go with healthy combination of minerals and vitamins. In the everyday kitchen oatmeal is clearly either under-utilized or a made stereotype of.
This recipe will get all you bakers exited and working. The eternally suave oatmeal-raisin cookie. If you are already a pro at it, then you may refine your techniques. Otherwise there is no reason for you to miss out on this one.
Browse through our collection of raisins at Prakrti Online Store.
The vanities of raisins available include;
Oatmeal-Raisin Cookie Recipe
- Ingredients Required
- 1 cup salt free butter
- 1/2 cup plain crystalline sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fine ground mace
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon essence of rose
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 cups of oatmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped raisins
- Add the sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and table salt to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix thoroughly and add the butter.mix until the butter blends in and forms a smooth mixture.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl along with the essence of rose.
- Add the eggs to the baking mix and mix preferably a motorized blender until the whole mix acquires an uniform and fluffy texture.
- Stir in the the oatmeal and all-purpose flour. Mix until uniform consistency.
- Add the raisins and ground cinnamon and mace and mix them in.
- On a greased baking sheet pour out circular cookie forms.
- Preheat the oven at 200C.
- Bake the cookies until they begin to turn golden brown. It should take about 10 minutes for the cookies to be fully prepared.
- Once baked, transfer the cookies immediately for cooling.
- Store in jars.